Tuesday, December 25, 2007

New Year's Resolution of a Blogger


It's almost 2008, so here are five New Year's resolutions you should consider:


1. I will spend no more than one hour writing each blog post. Harder than it sounds, but with practice, you can become consistently quick at publishing to your blog. More content means more eyes on your site.

2. I will figure out this podcasting thing. I'm throwing this one in for my own benefit, but I think it applies to all blogs. Grab a microphone, record yourself reading a new blog post, and upload the MP3 recording to your blog. That's podcasting, baby. You'll improve your image and reach more Web users by adding podcasts to your blog.

3. I will participate in others' conversations. Spend some time each day - even if only 30 minutes - searching the Web for blog conversations related to your market. Comment at other blogs to enhance their users' experiences, and you'll reap what you sow at your own blog.

4. I will hammer out a great 2008 themed approach. Without one, you're up the proverbial paddle without a creek. But I promise to keep up with the leading edge of new and relevant web content.

5. I will focus and prioritize nonstop. It's so easy to get lost in the sea of conversation. Make sure you have clear goals and strive to reach them, and your blog is likely to succeed.

I wish you all the best of success as bloggers and if you feel you have to respond, start your own blog. Happy New Year 2008 to all.