Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Greetings from Mars

December 23, 2007 Los Angeles

(Click Photo to enlarge)

Did you notice the sunset and the moonrise earlier tonight...I wasn't able to take pictures though. It was soo beautiful. Then Noel G. called me to check out the "red dot" beside the moon. Malamig lumabas so I decided to shoot from indoors--took out the screen from my window and fire away. Used my D1X, with the 600 Sigma mirror lens, mounted on tripod. The second photo with a bigger moon (looked like cropped) was taken using a 2x on the sigma. No cropping. Did some post process in ps to balance the exposure.

(Click Photo to enlarge)

Tomorrow is full moon! Abangan ninyo.... what a way to welcome Christmas eve! See you.....somewhere.... ! Ilabas nyo na ang mga "kanyon" nyo!!!

Merry Christmas sa inyong lahat!

Peace!!!

Uncleralf

(photo and text by Ver Penaranda)