Thursday, July 26, 2007

PinoyGraphers.Com : Making Waves on Photography Worldwide


Where can you find the true "Barkada Spirit" nowadays that is a well known trait among Filipinos? I think I know where but first let me tell you my piece. After an invite by fellow PPP member Ver P., an avid landscape photographer and mountaineer, I finally decided to join for a friendly meeting of the fast growing group of Filipinos making waves in the Photography world. Talk was small but friendly, and boy was I surprised that when I joined in, after a few minutes, I felt like I was in the company of old buddies.

Small talk and big dreams are being discussed. Most are related to Photography but there are plenty of jokes and banter on the side. I am not too technical, so, the informal atmosphere made me at ease in between serious ones common to camera buffs. As I felt my way thru, it was apparent these younger photographers have brighter ideas and bigger dreams.

Lenses and cameras might be discussed, but mostly, it is about camaraderie and being one in Photography. You can feel the conversation taking on deeper root in a light fashioned pace of barkada.

No, this meeting is not located in a particular zip code. These exchanges goes on in real time among the 100 plus members and growing everyday at PinoyGraphers.com. Most founders are from the U.S. and Canada but members come in all the way from the Philippines and all over the world. I even bumped into old buddies from other photo organizations who are also now members of PinoyGraphers.

Welcome to the world of PinoyGraphers, a photography online community that truly exhibit and directs itselt to the new frontier of global Filipino Photography presence. Spending a few hours each evening listening in or participating is an enriching experience. Hmmm. I think I like to stand by here and listen in.... or what they call in the Philippines "tambay."

Actually, that's what they call members like me. I am officially a "tambay". Oh, well, they have Konsehal, Tanod, Kagawad, Administrator, Founder, etc but I prefer to be a "tambay". I like that touch of being part of a group that is moving in the right direction. To the members of the core group/ founders of PinoyGraphers.com, I am humbled and impressed. Keep up the barkadahan and keep on shooting great images. I am proud to be officially a "tambay" with PinoyGraphers.com. Can you pass the tripod please.....

(Jay Fermin ppp-usa)
(Photo courtesy of PinoyGraphers.Com on their latest Laguna Beach model shoot)